1. Collection. When you use the Site or contact us, we may collect Personal information that you provide us such as:
your name, email address, address, phone number(s);
IP address and standard web log information; and
Any other information you provide us when using the Site.
Our servers are located in the United States and elsewhere we have facilities. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers in the United States and elsewhere we have facilities.
2. Use. We use users’ personal information to:
provide the Site service;
resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our policies;
customize your experience, inform you about services and updates, and measure interest in our services;
communicate with you about Site updates and information; and
send you Site related information (if you signed up to receive them).
3. Disclosure. We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate, indicate your preference by following the directions provided with the communication. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that user activity violates other’s rights, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. We may also share personal information with service providers who help with our business operations (such as credit card processing), and with members of our corporate family (such as PayPal), who may provide joint content and services and help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts.
4. Access, Modification, and Deletion. We delete personal information when we no longer need it for the purposes described above. We retain personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes and enforce our policies. To access or correct your information, please visit our Customer Service center at http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/home.
5. Security. We use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but we do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information will remain private. We are not responsible for any privacy policies or data practices of any third party website, including without limitation any social networking website or service.
6. General. We may update this Policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use this Site or thirty (30) days after the updated Policy is posted to this Site, whichever is sooner. If we or our corporate affiliates are involved in a merger or acquisition, we may share personal information with another company, but this Policy will continue to apply. For questions about this Policy, please Contact Privacy or write to us at eBay, Attn: Legal – Global Privacy Practices, 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.